Monday 11 May 2015

The Unknown Soldier


This is my story to the unknown soldier. We had to add short sentences and have a good opener sentence. The unknown soldier is a dead person who is in a tomb in Wellington.


Dear Unknown soldier,
I am writing to you because I want you to know that we remembered you on 25th  of April at the Havelock North Cenotaph. I thank you for serving for the ANZACS. Right now I am unlike you were 100 years ago. I am safe, free, happy and chatting to my friends in my warm classroom.

How did you feel when you went to war? We had heard how you thought you were going on an adventure but ended up in this hot, dry Egypt then to Gallipoli to your death .

Were the uniforms really heavy? We heard about having 30 kilos on your back and your gun. You must have been very sweaty!


What went through your mind when you shot someone? Did you feel powerful or did you cry in dismay?

Thank you for reading this message you will never be forgotten.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment